- Monday, July 31: New Teacher Orientation
- Tuesday August 1:- Registration 10am-4pm in the Auditorium
- Junior High and High School Class Schedules will be given out the first day of school
- Tuesday, August: 1-Thursday, August 3: Staff Development
- Friday, August 4: Students First Day
- Friday, August 4: Portraits for senior banners will be made for all athletes
- Tuesday, August 8: Richton School District Meet the Teachers 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday, August 16: Suicide and Bullying Prevention Speaker in the auditorium at 10AM
- Friday, August 10: RHS Football at Wayne Academy Jamboree
- Friday, August 18: RHS Football at Columbia- 7PM
- Friday, August 24: RJH Football vs. Earl Travillion – 6PM
- Saturday, August 25: RHS Football vs. Sacred Heart – 7PM
- Thursday, August 31: RJH Football at Mclain – 6PM
ActiveParent is a web-based application parents can use to keep track of student’s records. Richton School District parents with more than one student can access records for all them with one account. The goal of ActiveParent is to provide parents and guardians the ability to monitor student’s Grades, Attendance, Behavior, and Course Performance. ActiveParent provided student information as soon as it is entered into SAM (Student Administration Manager).
ActiveParent can be accessed by clicking the picture above or go to: http://ms5620.activeparent.net
Please contact the Elementary or High School Office for signup information or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The ActiveParent iOS app has been released and is available for free right now on the App Store*
MDE Regional Literacy Meeting Schedules for Parents of K-3 Students (Click Here)
We are asking for all parents to please visit the MDE website (click here) for ideas on what to expect from MDE learning standards. It provides helpful information about Mississippi College and Career Ready Standards (MCCRS) and gives grade by grade information for English/Language Arts as well as Math. There are also videos to watch on the MDE college and career standards web page.
News from The Parents’ Campaign
Do you want to receive important news about education legislation, especially new policies that will affect the way you are allowed to teach and lead your classroom? Click on the link below to visit The Parents’ Campaign’s web site and sign up to get personalized emails sent directly to your inbox from Nancy Loome at The Parents’ Campaign.
The Mississippi Library Commission website has many practice tests available including ACT, GRE, and others. These practice tests are free of charge and covers all sections of the tests. The tests are located at:
EVERY VISITOR TO OUR CAMPUS MUST SIGN IN AT THE PRINCIPAL’S OFFICE UPON ENTERING THE SCHOOL CAMPUS TO OBTAIN A VISITOR’S PASS.
Visitors must be approved by administration before being given a visitor pass to wear while on campus. Anyone who fails to comply with this policy is subject to being reported to local law enforcement authorities. NO teacher will allow you to enter his/her classroom to speak to a student without a pass. Students from other schools will not be allowed to visit our classes. When parents/guardians go to school to check out their children, they will have to wait in the office; they will not be permitted to visit the child’s classroom or hallway. No visitors will be permitted in school hallways unless teachers on that hallway are notified in advance by the school secretary.
PLEASE FOLLOW THIS POLICY. We must make every effort to enforce this rule. It is the responsibility of this school to protect you children, so we must have your full cooperation in this matter.