Pay for school meals easily at myschoolbucks.com. It is simple and secure with low balance alerts. You can also pay on the go. Signing up is free and simple so please sign up today!
Dates to Remember
- Thursday, January 3: Student’s Return
- Monday, January 9: January School Board Meeting
- Wednesday, January 11: VEX IQ and VEX VRC Competition at Newton County High School
- Tuesday, January 10: Rebel Buddies
- Thursday, January 12: Report Cards
- Monday, January 16: Martin Luther King, Jr. Day – No School
- Thursday, January 19: Tornado Drill at 9:40am and Fire Drill at 9:45am
- Saturday, January 21: VEX IQ and VEX VRC Competition at Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Monday, January 23-Friday, January 27: NWEA Testing Grades 7th-10th and STAR Testing Grades K-3rd
- Friday, January 27: SADD Blood Drive
- Saturday, January 18: VEX and VEX VRC Competition at Hancock County
- Tuesday, January 31: Rebel Buddies
- Friday, February 9: Elementary Beauty Pageant sponsored by Rebel Scholars and Maroon Marionettes
Richton Robotics Program
Of the seven teams, six qualified for finals. In the finals, two teams won the Teamwork Challenge and qualified for state competition, and one team won Overall Driving Skills Challenge and qualified for state.
Winning the Teamwork Challenge Award were the teams of Garrett Munn, Reid Overstreet, Chas Mcllwain, Carson Freeman, and Dalton Shaw.
We are very proud of these young people and their hard work!
ActiveParent is a web-based application parents can use to keep track of student’s records. Richton School District parents with more than one student can access records for all them with one account. The goal of ActiveParent is to provide parents and guardians the ability to monitor student’s Grades, Attendance, Behavior, and Course Performance. ActiveParent provided student information as soon as it is entered into SAM (Student Administration Manager).
ActiveParent can be accessed by clicking the picture above or go to: http://ms5620.activeparent.net
Please contact the Elementary or High School Office for signup information.
*The ActiveParent iOS app has been released and is available for free right now on the App Store*
Attention RHS Seniors and Parents
It’s time to start planning for your Senior yearbook ad! Ads are a great way to designate a special page where you can showcase photos and leave lasting messages from family and friends.
Order forms will be sent home, or you may contact Mrs. Johnie Odom at 601-788-9608 to purchase.
The RHS Yearbook Staff WANTS YOUR PHOTOS!
Upload your best photos to www.replayit.com and we may feature them in the 2017 yearbook! We want to see group photos; football, softball, baseball, track, golf, tennis, dance, cheer, basketball, band photos, dress-up day photos; classroom photos; pep rally photos, and anything else you think may be good enough for YOUR Richton Yearbook!
You can also download the Replayit app on your smartphone from the App Store or Google Play.
Start sending in those pictures today!
Congratulations to RES teacher Mrs. Adrienne Shoemake! Her name was selected in the September Spotlight Teacher drawing sponsored by the Richton PTO. Mrs Felicia McCardle presented Mrs. Shoemake with a gift card to Office Depot on behalf of the PTO.
Congratulations to RHS teacher Mrs. Catherine Williams! Her name was selected in the September Spotlight Teacher drawing sponsored by the Richton PTO. Mrs. Jolie Shaw, PTO president, presented Mrs. Williams with a gift card to Office Depot.